Thursday, December 11, 2008

Inspiration strikes again

today I had my final critique for my photography class
I feel it went well

I was happy with my work
for the circumstances

The time I allowed for myself was an issue of course...because I can't help but procrastinate
the models were an issue...because my friend is an asshole
and timing was an issue...once again because my friend is an ass

mallory really is a great model to work with
and hopefully she'll agree to help me with more of my work [but I'm not asking george again ever]


this was my first real conceptual piece
and I'm pleased what I came up with

I think I have a style
with my work

I can't wait to progress more and more
I'm not sure if I'm cut out for commercial work
I would like to do modeling shoots of course

but yeah
I like out of focus
blur
tension
darkness
...
I like that sort of art




I bought my Holga
and hopefully over winter break I'll have more of an opportunity to use it
I'm planning on buying a medium format camera as well
I like the square format
and I still have 4x5 film to experiment with

anyways that's all
:]
I feel better after critiques
...they make me feel as though I'm not just living in this fantasy where I believe I can actually become a photographer


John Gray's opinion matters a lot
and he inspires me
and I appreciate the things he has taught me this semester
and I can't wait to work with him again next semester :]

No comments: